Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Good, the Bad, the Shots?

Because…YOU asked

So you all know I’m about caring and sharing right? Well, I was on the phone this morning discussing the fact that I was getting my last series of synvisc shots today and the question was posed…You are gonna take a picture right? I wanna see. I was like – Really? So I thought about it and realized if I’m gonna ever really document this journey of mine, I need the good, the bad and the shots? Eh..Ugly. So here you go…The pictures are in the next post below this...I wanted to send out a public service announcement for the weak of heart or needles...lol!

The first image is of my prepped knee, the second, shot number one to numb away…and the third…the synvisc or as I refer to it WD-40 for the knees. Mind you this is only one knee...I've been having this done to both of my knees and it is a three week series...one per knee per week for three weeks....special eh? lol...

I had a great fantastic visit with Dr. Mike…like duh? And I just love how Dr. Mike gets me ready…he always says…You’re are gonna feel a poke, a burn, and then fullness…and then he says…poke….burn….filling up…he’s sooo funny! Anyways…I told him about going up the stairs like a normal person yesterday 2xs boy was I excited…and he says…hey now…take it easy…no marathon’s yet…lol…

SO here’s to frozen peas…and no pain!

peace

No comments: