Thursday, March 02, 2006

Tis the season....Lent

It's that time of year again, looking forward to spring and Lent. Growing up semi-catholic (we only went to church during Christmas and Easter), I have at one time or another tried to give something up for Lent. I remember a couple of years ago when I not only gave up Dt. Coke, but chocolate. What the heck was I thinking back then. NOW that I don't partake in either, its actually somewhat silly.

But this year, I have decided to give up bagels. Bagels, yes Bagels. Those wonderful round delights of carbs that are delivered to my office each and every day. And on occassion on a Friday...free. NO bagels for YOU oh dflygirl. Bagels are bad very very bad.

SO the bagel lady is dead to me...maybe by the time Lent is over I will have totally forgotten how wonderful that Chevy (Cheddar Everything) tastes with garlic herb whipped Schmear. So when I hear the overhead page..."Blazin Bagels is in the lobby" or "Last call for Blazin Bagels" perhaps I will be enjoying my yogurt smoothie so much more!

ttfn

No comments: