Thursday, March 09, 2006

Time to party, drink beer and eat wings!

A couple of weeks ago "D's" wife and I conspired together to put on "D's" 50th bday party. I am pretty sure "D" knew something was going on, but I don't think he knew the entire story.

I had told "D" before he left on his vacation, that I wanted to take him out for his birthday after work. Beers and wings. And, I added....I get to pick the place. He agreed...and left on vacation. While he was gone, the diabolical plotting to get some of the sales staff to the party started!

"D" came back from his vacation on his bday. I had brought muffins in for breakfast. At 10:00, I went to "D's" desk and said...You're 10'oclock is here...what 10 o'clock??? I handed him a 6pack of Alaskan Amber beer....how's that for a 10 o'clock??? Then I told him that the gang and I wanted to take him to play pool down at Acme Bowl. "D" replied...they got wings??? YEP..they sure do...he said, gotta check with the wife. So the day continued pretty much uneventful, but the beer fairy kept stopping by "D's" desk...lol....I think by 5:30 he had beer from around the US...Alaskan, Montana, and Redhook...we then headed down to Acme to go "PLAY POOL" yeah right!!! HA HA...hopefully he was surprised!

We had a great time....good friends, good food, lots of good laughs and some bowling too!

No comments: