Wednesday, February 01, 2006

the EX...and Memories

It seems just like yesterday but a life time ago when I was married. The EX used to coach little league baseball, and yesterday by forces of nature I was swept back right into a memory.

My whole day had been off. "B" called in the morning telling me of an appointment he had in the afternoon, so I ended up driving. It was raining sort of...I know what's new with that?? Got to work, went to the local scrapbook store during lunch, ran into a gal from the scrappin frenzy, went back to work, and then before heading home, got my KISS swap ready to mail (That's keep it simple stamper). SO I left late...after 6pm, called Dad on the way home and he told me that the Ballard bridge was closed...ugh traffic traffic traffic. It was raining, and traffic sucked...BUT for whatever reason, I was able to move about the city without getting stuck in any of the traffic messes....strange....a force of nature....which brings me back to my memory.

I was craving a Minute Maid Lemonade Light...so I headed to Mickey D's....the parking lot was full and the drive thru was at least 6 deep....I was tired...said screw it and decided to head home. BUT for whatever reason.....I headed towards the ball field. I haven't driven past there since well the EX...I get there...it's raining and the lights were on the field. The car stopped...and there I was...looking onto the field...remembering all the fun times we had...and the games the kids played...won and lost...remembered how happy we were. Remembered the day I ran to the field to tell the EX I was pregnant...all those emotions caming running back. The feeling of the miscarriage, the marriage ending, everything came back.....I started sobbing, really sobbing...I had to pull out of the intersection as a car was coming....I didn't know what to do...it was like I was frozen in time.

I managed to collect myself on the way home, when I got to the building and parked, I called "V" still sobbing from the car...he asked what happened...I told him, he just kept talking to me, and before I knew it...he was in the parking garage of my building. He said he had a strange feeling that I needed him and he was heading to the apt, and then I called when he was at the end of the street...a force of nature.

No comments: