Thursday, January 22, 2009

When it needs to be easy and "Justrite"

So as part of my NEW YEARS resolutions in 2009...it is to be more prepared regarding the people I care about and their birthdays.

I so far have been 3 for 3 this month...with two left to go...I have had 3 people at work who have had birthdays so far this month....for two of the guys, I have made handmade birthday cards...for the girl..who's bday is today...I not only made her a card, but I made her a dozen personalized cards using my new favorite stamps made by Justrite Stampers.

It seems some time ago...perhaps October I got obsessed....along with my dear friend/partner in crime when it comes to all things crafty...and purchased some items from Justrite Stampers. The first thing I got was the 1 5/8 circle, a times new roman alpha set, some borders, a small alpha set. My purpose...to make all of my account executives holiday gifts...of personalized notecard set with the station info....and they went over like HUGE....seriously....which was soo cool...to make something, have it appreciated and actually stay in budget for the holidays!!! Since then, I have purchased a curlz alpha kit during the buy one get one and gave the other set to the craft friend..tee hee...and then I was given a gift of the large harmony II circle with borders and the baking set as well as a couple of other individual stamps...for the holidays from one of my wonderful account executives....so I am in love love love with this...they make easy gifts that are personalized so easily.

I used 5 12x12 sheets of paper (2 solid, 3 patterened all with a shimmer oh so pretty) and 8 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 white and made, 12 personalized cards, a birthday card and a belly band for the clear plastic box...I found some pretty gray satin ribbon...and off I went....making the cards....here is a scan of the birthday card and the plastic box which holds the 12 cards and the belly band..which was so easy to make...I used left overs and then the border/center from Justrite and the "S" is from the Curlz set....so easy so fun...I am hooked.

I will also be making a set of cards for my dear friend Ronda who's bday is this weekend, and we are having a potluck on Saturday night to celebrate, I'll take pictures of that one...it will be more of a "Playful" palette...with blues and greens...anyways...here are the ones I made for Sabrina...now just to make Alan his bday card...and then it's time to get ready to make stuff for my nephews...And poor MEME...I have not only her stuff from her bday, but her holiday stuff...ugh....I'm gonna wait and give it all to her when I see here at the end of the month....



No comments: